Every Transportation Company Has a Policy You Need to Check in Advance
If you believe that your movers will transport all of your personal belongings, including your pets while you travel to your new home in the comfort of an airplane or bus, you are absolutely wrong! You will most probably want to drive your own vehicle in order to fit your pets in there. Of course, cats, dogs, fish, and other petted animals are not the only thing which a transportation company in Vienna, VA may refuse to move! Moving contractors have strict relocation policies that the US laws force them to follow, so they won’t make any compromise and risk their license in order to please you entirely.
Here is a short list with the items which your movers may refuse to transport:
- Pets and farm animals.
- Plants. Transportation trucks do not contain a sufficient amount of fresh air and light which plants need to survive, so your movers cannot take the responsibility to transport them, especially if it is a long-distance move.
- Food which is not tinned, canned or packed. If you have some fresh products left or any tinned food that you have already opened, make sure to consume it all during the week before you leave. Otherwise, you will have to throw it away or take it in your car.
- Oil, fuels, and any other flammable materials.
- Toxic chemicals (sometimes they can be in the contents of your cleaning detergents, so you’d better check them carefully)
- Musical instruments.
- Valuable work of art that is not insured, documents, and jewelry.
If you have already chosen to book the services of the transportation company – Vienna Econo Van Lines LLC, you can call us at (703) 520-7139 to check which items we may refuse to transport